We value your privacy and try our best not to collect unnecessary information about you or your browsing habits. This isn’t always easy, as we also want to provide good content, and sometimes other services collect information too.
Here, to the best of our knowledge, is a summary of the data and information being collected by this website.
- The software will save a small file to your computer’s hard drive in order to track and monitor your engagement and usage of the site.
- It will not store, save or collect personal information.
- You can refuse to accept the cookie by changing the settings in your web browser. You can delete it from your computer by clearing the browser cache.
- To find out how to do this and learn more about what cookies are, see the AboutCookies.org website.
- Site usage data is stored by Google for a period of three years and then deleted.
- Some blog posts on this website include embedded content from other websites, including:
- Embedded content from another website behaves as though you had visited that website.
- If you don’t like this then you can improve privacy by logging out of these websites and/or disabling cookies in your web browser.
- We operate a newsletter to provide readers with occasional updates about our books and writing. This is sent a few times per year.
- We will only send you this newsletter if you requested it via the signup form on our website or via a link in one of the books we publish.
- Your address will remain stored on the mailing list until you unsubscribe. You can unsubscribe any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in a newsletter email.
- The signup form will ask for your name and email address. If you signed up for a newsletter via a link in an old print or ebook edition, you will be directed to our old newsletter service provider, MailChimp. Otherwise, you will be directed to our current newsletter service provider, ActiveCampaign. (If you went through MailChimp you have been, or will be, moved to Active Campaign.) In both cases, the newsletter software is provided by MailChimp or ActiveCampaign, and includes tracking facilities to monitor activity. You may unsubscribe at any time, by so responding to a newsletter mailing, or by contacting us via the contact page.
- We do not share your details with anyone else, and we certainly won’t sell your email address to other people so that they can spam you with marketing info you have not requested.
Blog post comments
- The blog section of this website allows readers to comment on posts. These comments are moderated by us.
- The form also collects your IP address and information about which web browser you are using to assist with automatic spam detection.
- We do not share your details with anyone else, and nor will we add them to any mailing lists.
- If you prefer not to provide your email address then you can also comment anonymously (but don’t expect a response).
- Comments are considered to be part of a blog post, so they will remain stored until such time as the post is deleted.
- If you would like to have any comments that you posted removed from this website or anonymized, then please request it via the contact page and we will remove them as soon as we can.
- We download all email to our local computerx several times per day and do not leave any of it lingering on online mail servers.